This course introduces students to the world of hybrid messaging. Students will learn how to deploy a hybrid environment for an Exchange organization and how to migrate mailboxes to Exchange Online. They will begin by examining available mailbox migration options, and then focus on planning for a hybrid deployment. Finally, students will learn how to implement and troubleshoot a hybrid deployment.
The Messaging Administrator deploys, configures, manages, and troubleshoots recipients, permissions, mail protection, mail flow, and public folders in both on-premises and cloud enterprise environments. Responsibilities include managing message hygiene, messaging infrastructure, and hybrid configuration and migration. The Messaging Administrator also implements and manages disaster recovery, high availability, and client access. To implement a secure hybrid topology that meets the business needs of a modern organization, the Messaging Administrator must collaborate with the Security Administrator and Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator. The Messaging Administrator should have a working knowledge of authentication types, licensing, and integration with Microsoft 365 applications.
- Plan for Message Hygiene
- Manage Anti-Malware and Anti-Spam Policies
- Manage Advanced Threat Protection
- Plan for Messaging Compliance in the SCC
- Plan for Messaging Compliance in Exchange
- Manage Exchange Online Archiving and Auditing
- Manage Content Search
- Manage Admin Role-based Permissions
- Manage User Role-based Permissions
- Plan for Exchange Setup – RBAC and AD Split Permissions
- Proficient understanding of DNS.
- Basic understanding of messaging within Exchange Server or Exchange Online.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and domain controller infrastructure along with identity management.
- Basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services and directory synchronization.
- At least 5 years of general IT experience.
Day 1& Day 2
Module 1: Performing Mailbox Migrations
- Planning Mailbox Migrations
- Performing IMAP Migrations
- Performing Cutover and Staged Migrations
- Performing Advanced Migrations
Module 2: Planning a Hybrid Environment
- Exchange Hybrid Deployment Requirements
- Planning to Run the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
Module 3: Deploying and Troubleshooting a Hybrid Environment
- Deploying and Managing an Edge Transport Server
- Configuring a Hybrid Deployment using the HCW
- Implementing Advanced Hybrid Functionality
- Troubleshooting Hybrid Deployments
Module 4: Lab – Hybrid Deployment and Management
Lab : Hybrid Deployment and Management
- Exercise 1: Perform a mailbox migration to Microsoft 365
- Exercise 2: Manage hybrid scenarios
Day 3& Day 4
Module 1: Managing Message Hygiene
- Planning for Message Hygiene
- Managing Anti-Malware and Anti-Spam Policies
- Managing Advanced Threat Protection
- Module 2: Managing Compliance
- Messaging Compliance in the SCC
- Messaging Compliance in Exchange
- Managing Exchange Online Archiving and Auditing
- Managing Content Search
Module 3: Managing Role-Based Permissions
- Managing Admin Roles
- Managing User Roles
- Exchange Setup – RBAC and AD Split Permission
Module 4: Lab – Manage Message Hygiene
- Lab : Manage Message Hygiene
- Exercise 1: Manage message hygiene in an on-premises solution
- Exercise 2: Manage message hygiene in a cloud solution
- Exercise 3: Manage message hygiene in a hybrid solution