Microsoft 20413 – Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
In this five day course you will acquire the knowledge and skills required to provide an enterprise solution to support manual and automated server installation in a physical and virtual environment. You will also learn how to provide networking solutions like DHCP, IPAM, VPN, and DirectAccess.
This course is aimed at IT professionals responsible for planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory Domain Services infrastructure.
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Plan server upgrade and migration
- Plan and implement a server deployment strategy
- Plan and deploy servers by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Design a name resolution solution strategy
- Design and manage an IP configuration and address management solution
- Design and implement an Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) forest and domain infrastructure
- Design and implement an AD DS organizational unit (OU) infrastructure Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO)strategy
- Implement a scalable remote access solution
- Design a network protection solution
- Implement a network protection solution
Students need to have:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA.
1. Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
Upgrading and Migrating Considerations
Creating a Server Upgrade and Migration Plan
Planning for Virtualization
2. Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
Selecting an Appropriate Server Imaging Strategy
Implementing an Automated Deployment Strategy
3. Planning and Deploying Servers Using Virtual Machine Manager
System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Overview
Implementing a Virtual Machine Manager Library and Profiles
Planning and DeployingVirtual Machine ManagerServices
4. Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
Designing and Implementing DHCP
Planning and Implementing DHCP Scopes
Planning and Implementing an IP Address Management (IPAM) Provisioning Strategy
5. Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
Designing a Domain Name Service (DNS) Server Implementation Strategy
Designing the DNS Namespace
Designing and Implementing DNS Zones
Designing and Configuring DNS Zone Replication and Delegation
Optimizing DNS Servers
Designing DNS for High Availability and Security
6. Designing and Implementing an AD DS Forest and Domain Infrastructure
Designing an AD DS Forest
Designing and Implementing AD Forest Trusts
Designing and Implementing AD Domains
Designing DNS Namespaces in AD Environments
Designing AD Domain Trusts
7. Designing and Implementing an AD DS Organizational Unit (OU) Infrastructure
Planning the AD DS Administrative Tasks Delegation Model
Designing the OU Structure
Designing and Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy
8. Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object (GPO) Strategy
Gathering the Information Required for a GPO Design
Designing and Implementing GPOs
Designing GPO Processing
Planning Group Policy Management
9. Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
Designing and Implementing AD Sites
Designing AD Replication
Designing the Placement of Domain Controllers
Virtualization Considerations for Domain Controllers
Designing Highly Available Domain Controllers
10. Planning and Implementing Storage and File Services
Planning and Implementing iSCSI SANs
Planning and Implementing Storage Spaces
Optimizing File Services for Branch Offices
11. Designing and Implementing Network Protection
Overview of Network Security Design
Designing and Implementing a Windows Firewall Strategy
Designing and Implementing a NAP Infrastructure
12. Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services
Designing and Implementing DirectAccess
Planning and Implementing VPN
Planning and Implementing Web Application Proxy
Planning a Complex Remote Access Infrastructure
Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (M20414)
MCSE: Server Infrastructure