Cisco DCWL – Deploying Cisco Wireless LANs
In this course you will learn how to plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor and maintain a Cisco Wireless LAN solution.
Topics discussed during this course include pre-deployment planning considerations, configuration of autonomous, unified and FlexConnect architectures, configuration of all base features, including wireless security, the administration of the WLAN network and the maintenance and troubleshooting of wireless network issues.
This course is aimed at engineers responsible for planning, deploying and managing of enterprise WLAN using autonomous architecture and lightweight access point with controllers.
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Identify how the Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution meets the challenges of successful WLAN deployments
- Select and properly install the Cisco Unified Wireless Network hardware that is appropriate to site and use requirements
- Administer the WLAN, IEEE 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network
- Configure and implement the key Cisco Unified Wireless Network security features to mitigate WLAN security threats
- Utilize a recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats
- Describe the mechanisms and messaging used in a Unified Wireless architecture which allow the client to change AP associations, while maintaining the current sessions and IP addressing.
- Discuss the challenges faced in providing a quality user esperience in a high density wireless network deployment scenario.
- Differentiate the operational characteristics of and implement a wireless mesh architecture.
Students need to have:
- Viewed Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials (WLE) – 4 Hour ELT available on the CLN or via Global Knowledge.
- CCNA Level of Knowledge
Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials Refresher
- Reviewing Basic Networking and Wireless LAN Terms, Concepts, and Protocols
- Reviewing Cisco Wireless LAN Architectures
- Locating Key Documentation
- Reviewing Cisco Wireless LAN Characteristics
- Reviewing Cisco Wireless LAN Security
- Pre-Deployment Planning
- Planning Tools
- AP Placement
- AP Configuration
- Autonomous AP Modes of Operation
- Performing the Initial Wireless LAN Controller Configuration
- Describing Unified AP Modes of Operation
- Understanding the AP Association Process
- User Interfaces to the System
- Radio Resource Management and CleanAir
- Administering WLANs and AP Groups
- Configuring Quality of Service
- Configuring Security Options
- Performing General Administration
- Guest Access
Deploying The FlexConnect Architecture
- FlexConnect Deployments
- FlexConnect Configuration and Operation
Maintaining and Troubleshooting a Cisco Wireless LAN
- Performing Routine Maintenance
- Configuring Policies and Management
- Gathering Data
Client Mobility Subnets
- Understanding Same Subnet Roaming
- Understand Inter-subnet Mobility
High-Density Deployment Challenges
- Effects of Client Density on a Wireless Network
- Planning for Areas of High Client Density
Implementing Mesh Networks
- Describing Wireless Mesh Networks
- Describing Mesh Formation
- Implementing a Mesh Network for the Enterprise
- Configuring Advanced Mesh Features
- Troubleshooting a Mesh Network
- Lab 4-1 Perform the initial controller configuration using the CLI
- Lab 4-2: Unified AP Modes of Operation
- Lab 4-3: AP Association Options
- Lab 4-4: Controller Web Interface
- Lab 4-5: RRM and CleanAir Configuration
- Lab 4-8: IPv6 First Hop Security Configuration
- Lab 4-9: Configuring Security parameters on the WLC
- Lab 4-10: Configuring Guest Access and Web Authentication
- Final Lab : Configuring Mesh Access Points
Nu există cursuri recomandate după finalizarea acestui curs.
Nu sunt programe de ceritifcare pentru acest curs.