Cisco UCS-HYPERV – Deploying Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 on Cisco UCS
In this course you will learn the fundamentals of Cisco UCS as well as how to build a virtualized Data Center with Microsoft Hyper-V.
You will also learn the physical and logical architecture of the Cisco UCS and the fundamentals of UCS LAN and SAN. During hands-on labs you will practice how to install Cisco UCS fabric interconnects and blade chassis, how to upgrade firmware, create identity and physical resource pools, how to create Service Profile templates and policies as well as how to deploy servers in a stateless computing environment.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at anyone interested in learning the essentials of the Cisco UCS as well as how to operate a Cisco UCS Blade Server infrastructure.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Logical and physical architecture of the Cisco UCS
- Implement system management, maintenance, and high-availability services for Cisco UCS B-Series Servers with UCS Manager 2.1
- Configure Cisco UCS stateless computing using resource pools, templates, and policies
- Manage firmware upgrades
- Configure Advanced Networking on Cisco UCS Service Profiles
- Troubleshoot errors and faults using the built-in logging systems
- Monitor performance statistics using the built-in tools
- Configure UCS Central 1.1
- Features of Microsoft Hyper-V and its component architecture
- Configuration and use of server profiles in deploying Hyper-V 2012 in Cisco UCS Manager
- Detailed configuration of advanced LAN networking, storage and cluster management
- Hyper-V 2012 Extensible Virtual Switch and Advanced LAN configuration
- Storage services and configuration for Hyper-V on Cisco UCS
- Manage Hyper-V Clusters with Microsoft SCVMM on Cisco UCS
Students need to have:
- Understanding of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with LAN/SAN technology
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center architecture
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat KVM, Citrix Xen)
There is no course outline for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.