Cisco QOS – Implementing Cisco Quality of Service v2.5
In this course you will learn how to implement and design a high-quality multiservice networks.
Topics covered in this course include QoS requirements, IntServ, best effort and DiffServ. You will also learn how to design and configure various QoS mechanisms in order to attain effective administrative policies providing QoS.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at network architects, pre and post sales technicians and Master Telepresence Authorized Technology Providers.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Implement the appropriate QoS mechanisms required to create an effective administrative policy providing QoS
Students need to have:
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- ICND1 v2.0 – Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1
- ICND2 v2.0 – Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2
1. Introduction to QoS
Review Converged Networks
Describe Best-Effort and Integrated Services Models
Describe the Differentiated Services Model
2. Implement and Monitor QoS
Define Campus AutoQoS
Define WAN AutoQoS
3. Classification and Marking
Classification and Marking Overview
MQC for Classification and Marking
NBAR for Classification
Use of QoS Preclassify
Campus Classification and Marking
4. Congestion Management
Configure CBWFQ and LLQ
Configure Campus Congestion Management
5. Congestion Avoidance
Congestion Avoidance Introduction
Configure Class-Based WRED
Describe Campus-Based Congestion Avoidance
6. Traffic Policing and Shaping
Traffic Policing and Shaping Overview
Configure Class-Based Policing
Configure Class-Based Shaping
Configure Class-Based Shaping on Frame Relay Interfaces
Configure Frame Relay Voice-Adaptive Traffic Shaping and Fragmentation
7. Link Efficiency Mechanisms
Link Efficiency Mechanisms Overview
Configure Class-Based Header Compression
8. Deploying End-to-End QoS
Apply Best Practices for QoS Policy Design
End-to-End QoS Deployments
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.