Oracle Java SE 8 Programming
The core language features and Application Programming Interfaces (API) you will use to design object-oriented applications with Java Standard Edition 8 (Java SE 8) Platform are covered by the Java SE 8 Programming training.
Who needs to attend?
Persons who want to further develop their skills with the Java language and prepare for the Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 8 Programmer Exam.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Create Java technology applications with the latest JDK Technology;
- Develop your object-oriented skills;
- Identify good practices in the use of the language to create robust Java application;
- Use Lambda expressions in Java applications;
- Store and manipulate data using collections;
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems;
- Connect to databases using standard SQL queries through JDBC;
- Create high-performance multi-threaded applications.
- Creating high-performing multi-threaded applications;
- Creating Java technology applications that leverage the object-oriented features of the Java language, such as encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism;
- Implementing input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files and understand advanced I/O streams;
- Executing a Java technology application from the command line;
- Manipulating files, directories and file systems using the JDK NIO.2 specification;
- Creating applications that use the Java Collections framework;
- Performing multiple operations on database tables, including creating, reading, updating and deleting using both JDBC and JPA technology;
- Searching and filter collections using Lambda Expressions;
- Implementing error-handling techniques using exception handling;
- Using Lambda Expression concurrency features.
Mandatory courses: Oracle Java SE 8 Fundamentals
Recommended Related Training Courses:
Java EE 6: Develop Database Applications with JPA
Java EE 6: Develop Business Components with JMS & EJBs
Java EE 6: Develop Web Applications with JSF
Java EE 6: Develop Web Components with Servlets & JSPs
Java EE 6: Develop Web Services with JAX-WS & JAX-RS
Java Platform Overview
Java Syntax and Class Review
Encapsulation and Subclassing
Overriding Methods, Polymorphism, and Static Classes
Abstract and Nested Classes
Interfaces and Lambda Expressions
Collections and Generics
Collections Streams, and Filters
Lambda Built-in Functional Interfaces
Exceptions and Assertions
Java Date/Time API
File I/O (NIO.2)
The Fork-Join Framework
Database Applications with JDBC
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.