Fortinet NSE 6 – FortiWeb
Learn how to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot Fortinet’s web application firewall: FortiWeb.
You will be explained the key concepts of web application security, and lead lab exercises in which you will explore protection and performance features.
Who needs to attend?
Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of FortiWeb.
What you will learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand application-layer threats
- Fight defacement & DoS
- Prevent zero-day attacks without disrupting live traffic
- Make apps retroactively compliant with OWASP Top 10 for 2013 and PCI DSS 3.0
- Discover vulnerabilities in your servers & hosted web apps for tailored, efficient protection
- Configure FortiGate together with FortiWeb for stronger HTTP and XML application security
- Prevent accidental scan circumvention, while allowing FTP and SSH
- Configure blocking & reporting for an external FortiADC or FortiGate, and FortiAnalyze
- Choose the right operating mode
- Balance load among a pool of servers
- Enforce SSL/TLS, authentication, & sophisticated access control for “naked” apps
- Train FortiWeb to defend your specific apps.
- Blacklist suspected hackers, DDoS participants, and content scrapers
- Troubleshoot traffic flow, including flow for FTP/SSH.
- Diagnose false positives & customize signatures
- Optimize performance
- Knowledge of OSI layers and the HTTP protocol
- Basic experience using FortiGate port forwarding
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.