Professional learning services
Read more below
What is the process of TRAINING?
Training is the process through which information and orientation is passed to the employees in a structured and planned manner, regarding the way they need to fulfill their specific tasks at work as determined by the organization’s needs and objectives.
Training must lead to permanent behaviour changes and to increased performance.
Inside an organization there are several training needs that arise. According to those, training is divided into three specific categories:
● Orientation: the type of training that delivers information needed by employees in order to have general awareness at their job: history of the organization, rules and regulations, benefits etc. It is usually done by the head of department or head of HR.
● Skills training: all knowledge and abilities needed in order to perform their specific job role. This part of the training answers to the “how”, “what”, “why” questions.
● Development training: this type of training takes into consideration the entire organization and prepares an employee to grow inside an organization according to the entire development plan of the organization.
Bittnet is a company that provides in the highest level skills training and development training.
Benefits of TRAINING
Some recognized benefits of employee training are:
Increased revenue – There are a variety of approaches to increasing revenue by investing in training employees. One of the most recognized involves the selection and implementation of an effective customer relationship management (CRM) system.
A well-trained IT staff working with sales, marketing, and customer support stakeholders can analyse needs and develop an organizational strategy utilizing CRM software to improve marketing, sales, customer service, technical support, and other functions. The improved cross-functional operational efficiencies from the CRM system result in increases in top line revenue and other benefits.
Decreased costs – Depending on the type of business, government, or military agency, training aimed at decreasing costs can focus on various business processes. For example, providing training on supply chain analysis may result in savings from improved procurement practices. Or, training IT staff on new software applications might lead to savings in areas from payroll to marketing to reporting.
Increased job satisfaction – Training is one of the most important factors in increasing employee job satisfaction, resulting in higher levels of retention and reduced turnover. This significantly reduces the cost of hiring and training replacement personnel.
Improved quality of products and services – Investing in employee training leads to improved skills, knowledge, and abilities that enhance the quality of products and services. This has a financial return that can be seen through less waste, higher customer satisfaction, reduced customer support costs, and other related benefits.
Enhanced safety – Training that develops skills, knowledge, and abilities that reduces accidents and creates a safe work environment significantly affects the costs involved with lost work time, insurance, and liability.
Companies face a lot of challenges when integrating their existing infrastructure with the fast changes in technology and in their working field. These large projects present many training needs, not only with the technical infrastructure, but also with support and project management. To realize the full value of IT investments, companies need training solutions that provide timely, low-cost and targeted skills transfer.
● you get a dedicated Learning Architect to help you design and support a learning plan for your organisation
● you get a dedicated pool of IT professionals & trainers to understand both your business needs and technical background and requirements of the staff. They will assess your organization and together with the Learning Architect, will come up with a Training Map to fully reach your training target
● planning and development will be then fully connected to your organizational grow and what you wish to achieve in the future years
Analysing the need of training is the first thing that our company does. It is the first step that must be taken in order to achieve the best learning results.
The need of training is determined by the skills gap: the set of skills, knowledge and abilities that need to be transferred to the employees. In order to have the best outcome it is imperative to have two elements fixed:
1. the job description
2. the level of skills or knowledge required by the role
Once these 2 are established, the Need Analysis follows 9 specific stages:
1. collecting all information regarding the job role: skills and knowledge needed in order to perform the job role.
2. understanding what are the performance standards that apply to the job
3. measuring the current job performance
4. establishing the gap: how far are the current performances from the standard required?
5. how much does the gap cost the organization? If the cost is very low, one of the option is to have a simple mentoring program instead of a training and there is no further action related to this. If the gap comes with a higher price then next steps are to be followed:
6. measuring the level of skills and knowledge of the employee
7. analysing the difference between the required skills and knowledge needed and the ones that the employee actually has
8. the proposal of the learning plan
9. implementation of the process and evaluation of the results
Setting training objectives is a step that is done at the end of the Need Analysis stage and it takes into consideration 4 levels:
1. Attitude objectives: these imply that training should lead to awareness and change of attitude regarding a specific aspect or subject
2. Knowledge objectives: at the end of the training the employee should possess specific knowledge, should be able to recognize and identify key elements that he learned in the training program.
3. Skills objectives: at the end of the training the employee must learn how to “do” his job
4. Work behaviour objectives: they change the way the employee delivers a task within the organisation.
Pending recommendation, training delivery is done through different delivery formats, as recommended by the Learning Architect after collecting all informations in stage 1 of the process.
According to the privacy of an event, classes can be:
● Open: all classes run at Bittnet’ training center and the audience is comprised of participants from several companies. The schedule is established by the Learning Team of Bittnet and listed in the Public Schedule. Dates are not guaranteed, they will be set to run once a minimum number of 6 people are registered for the class.
● Closed (dedicated): the classes can run either at Bittnet’s premises or at the client’s premises. The class is strictly comprised of participants from one company, the company for which the training is delivered. Dates and hours are established according to the Training Map created for the client.
● Training on the Job: one of our specialists will assist for an established period of time your employee in his daily job. More designed as a mentoring program, your employee will be assisted full time at his job by one of our professionals in delivering his tasks.
● Self-Paced: some of our courses are available as a self-paced package.
According to the delivery format we have:
● Official Instructor Led Class: delivered live face to face by a leading industry professional, also a certified instructor in one of our locations, reinforce concepts through interactive exercises and labs, comfortable and learning appropriate training rooms. These can be both Open Classes or Closed Classes
● Virtual Class: live, instructor-led training combining advanced online delivery technologies, and exercises for a training session, regardless of your location. You can save time and money for travel and accommodation, as the class can be taken from everywhere, interact in real time with your instructor and classmates. These can be both Open Classes or Closed Classes
● Mixed Class: this is an ILC mixed with Virtual class. While some participants will be attending the Instructor Led Class, some of the participants are connected online benefiting of the Virtual option. Interaction is granted, you can ask questions and discuss topics with your other colleagues. These can be both Open Classes or Closed Classes
Training evaluation is the process through which 2 major elements are being assessed:
1. How successful was the knowledge transfer: did the participant learn what he should have according to the learning objectives he had? The knowledge transfer is evaluated closely upon the end of the training
2. Was the training process chosen efficient and appropriate in order to help achieve the best results? Here we evaluate the methods applied, the environment, the instructor and so on.
On a common basis each training evaluation includes in the assessment the following criteria: reaction, learning, work behaviour and results. Some can be tested on the spot, at the end of the training, like reaction and the learning process and some can be tested only after a while, once the employee has returned to his job and restarts the job.
Job performance support
Studies show that people are most likely to retain information when they are in a situation in which they need to use that information. As such we provide you with post-training job performance support services to help your employees cope with job-specific issues.
Be it through tickets, telephonic support, online platform, cases or applications we offer our expertise to you when you need it.
Post-training assessment and feedback
No process is complete without an assessment and feedback session. Find out what happened during the training process and what the results are. Also we can offer you feedback regarding the next logical step you can take in achieving even greater value from our training.
Our team has developed a series of solutions to help your employees maximize the effects of a training.
These are sessions which will cover the most important elements of training in order to refresh the information acquired during the initial training.
The topics of these sessions will be flexible and will contain chapters and sub-chapters which the student will request upon signing up to these sessions. If the students doesn’t have a particular preference, the trainer will choose which topics will be discussed.
You will be given a number of support tickets which can be used when you are confronted with a problem regarding a technology for which you trained with us. This tickets will be submitted with the help of our on-line support tool or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the problem.
Upon receiving the ticket a Bittnet engineer will address the issue by offering a response with a complete and detailed solution and explanation.
Mentoring on the job
Should you choose to, one of our expert trainers will be available to offer mentoring on the job for your employees.
Our trainers will come, observe and offer suggestions in order to address issues identified by you regarding the technology for which you trained with us. Their suggestions are purely informative and should be applied only with initial approval from the management.
Get in touch
Do you need more information? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!