Oracle WebLogic Server 12c – Performance Tuning Workshop
In this course you will learn how to monitor the effects of a running Oracle WebLogic Server application on the overall system. You will go through interactive instruction, through new concepts, while diving into real-world applications.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at Administrators, Java EE Developers, Project Managers, SOA Architects, Support Engineers, System Integrators, Technical Consultants, Web Administrators.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Describe a typical performance methodology.
- Use a load-testing tool such as the Grinder.
- Use command-line and graphical tools such as jps, jcmd, Java VisualVM, Mission Control, and Flight Recorder.
- Generate and analyze performance data.
- Tune operating system resources.
- Tune Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Oracle WebLogic Server parameters
Students need to have:
- Adequate knowledge of administering Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Administration I
- Basic knowledge of Java programming
- Introduction to Performance Tuning
- Load and Stress Testing
- Identifying Bottlenecks
- Performance Monitoring and Testing Tools
Tuning Operating Systems
- Operating System Resources
- Linux Performance Monitoring
Monitor and Tune JVM Performance
- JVM Performance: Overview
- The JVM and Garbage Collection
- Command-Line JVM Tools
- GUI JVM Tools
Monitor and Tune Server Performance
- Domain Startup Mode
- On-Demand Deployment
- Native I/O Performance Pack
- Overload Protection
- Garbage Collection Thresholds
- Connection Backlog
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Tuning
- Logging Considerations
Monitor and Tune Cluster Performance
- Clustering: Review
- Load Balancing and Failover
- HTTP Session Persistence: Review
- Deployment Packaging
- Peer-to-Peer Communication
- Basic Cluster Architecture
- Multitier Cluster Architecture
- Load Balancers
Monitoring and Tuning Data Sources and Persistent Stores
- JDBC: Review
- JDBC and Application Design
- Connection Pools
- Logging Last Resource (LLR) Transactions
- Batch Updates
- Persistent Stores
- Database Tuning
Configuring Work Managers
- Monitoring a Server Thread Pool
- WebLogic Server Thread Tuning
- Work Manager
- Work Manager Configuration
- Tuning Transactions
Monitoring and Tuning Java EE Applications
- Tuning Web Applications
- Tuning Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs)
- Tuning JPA
- Tuning Web Services
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.