Oracle Coherence 12c – Share and Manage Data in Clusters
In this course you will learn about Coherence and Coherence development. Oracle Coherence is an in-memory data caching and event engine often referred to as an in-memory data grid solution, designed to seamlessly improve performance, reliability and fault tolerance of Java, .NET and C++ applications.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at Java EE Developers and Web Administrators.
What you will learn
- Upon completion you will know how to:
- Develop Coherence applications. Install Coherence with and without WebLogic Server.
- Configure Managed Coherence Servers in a WLS domain. Configure Coherence caches.
- Query Coherence caches.
- Develop Grid Archives.
- Understand the architecture of Coherence and how data is managed in a Coherence cluster.
- Integrate Coherence with other data sources.
- Examine Coherence C++ installation and coding basics.
- Understand how Coherence entities can be exposed as REST (JSON and JAXB) objects.
Students need to have:
- Basic XML constructs
- Proficiency in the Java language
- Familarity with Eclipse is helpful but not required
- Knowdlege of JAXB and JSON helpful but not required
Introduction to Coherence
- Performance Concepts, Caching and Scalability
- Introduction to Coherence
- Coherence Concepts
- Coherence Terms and Technologies
Getting started with Coherence
- Coherence Installation
- Working with Caches
- Configuring a Simple Cluster
- Developing Coherence Applications
Working with Objects
- Accessing Coherence
- Developing Objects
- Improving Performance Using Custom Serialization
Configuring Coherence Caches
- Coherence Cache Topologies
- Cache Configuration Concepts
- What is a Topology?
- Choosing the Right Cache
- Elastic Data
Data Grid Events
- Coherence Event Model Concepts
- Live Events
- Map Listeners
- Map Triggers
- Continuous Query Cache
Querying and Aggregating Data
- Coherence Filters
- Sorting and Aggregating
- Coherence Query Language
- Improving Query Performance Using Explain Plans and Trace
Performing In-Place Process of Data with Entry Processors
- Managing Concurrent Access to Data
- EntryProcessors Concepts
- EntryProcessors Development and Registration
- Partition Level Transactions
- Invocation Services
Extending and Integrating Coherence with Other Services
- Persisting Data to a Database
- Data Source Integration
- Coherence and JPA
- The GoldenGate Adapter for Coherence
Typical Caching Architectures
- Evolution of Data Grid Design Patterns
- Single vs Multiple Application Instances
- Local Caching Pattern
- Distributed Caching Pattern
- Cache Aside and Read-Through Pattern
- Write Thru Pattern
- Near Caching and Client Side Processing Patterns
- Server Side Processing and Distributed Computing Patterns
REpresentational State Transfer
- Exposing Data using REST
- Deploying REST Applications Using Proxies
- Deploying REST Applications Using WLS Proxies
- Accessing REST Objects
- Securing REST
WebLogic Server and Coherence
- Coherence Container for WLS
- Coherence Cluster
- Managed Coherence Servers
- Grid ARchives
- Deploying GARs
- Configure and Run Coherence*Extend
- Developing *Extend Clients
- Simplifying and Tuning Coherence*Extend Configuration
- Security Overview
- Cluster Security
- Access Control
- Coherence*Extend Security
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.