Microsoft 6236 – Maintaining, Troubleshooting and Developing Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
In this course you will learn how to implement a Reporting Solution in an organization. You will discuss topics like how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports as well as how to use Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Service solution.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at IT professionals and developers that need to implement reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- SQL Server Reporting Services and its components
- Create a Reporting Services report
- Enhance a Reporting Services report
- Create dynamic reports
- Create and manipulate data sets
- Use report models to implement reporting for business users
- Configure report publishing and execution settings
- Implement subscriptions for reports
- Administer Reporting Services
- Implement custom Reporting Services applications
- Retrieve data from external data sources
- Optimize and troubleshoot Reporting Services
- Integrate Reporting Services with SharePoint 2007
Students need to have:
- Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or other third-party reporting products, such as Crystal Reports
- Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping)
- Experience creating service accounts and permissions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE)
- SQL Server System tables
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions)
- Course 6182: Implementing and Managing SQL Server 2008
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.