Microsoft 50469 – Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for Power Users and Site Collection Administrators
In this course you will learn about the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2010. You will also discuss topics like site-creation process, common and advanced features of the basic team site, SharePoint Server site definitions and how to create Workflow.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at business users that work with SharePoint sites on a regular basis and individuals responsible for managing SharePoint sites as owners or site collection owners.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- SharePoint lists
- Create permissions and basic SharePoint Foundation sites
- When to use a list and when to use a database
- Use Document ID service
- How to use the Permission Checker
- Create sub sites (team site)
- How SharePoint integrates with Office
- Explore all the new end-user features in SharePoint 2010
- Effectively use the SharePoint Server site definitions
- Learn to navigate the new ribbon
- Discover the new My Sites features
- Work with social computing features like tagging and ranking
- Protect yourself in the social computing realm
- Administer SharePoint Sites
- Create page layouts and pages
- Site collection
Students need to have:
- Basic understanding of web sites and SharePoint sites
- Several months of experience working with SharePoint sites
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.