Microsoft 40441A – Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions
In this course you will learn how to design and implement cloud data platform solutions with the Microsoft Data Platform by using SQL Server on-premises, hybrid and cloud data platform solutions. You will also learn how to design and implement and optimize workloads in hybrid scenarios with both on-premises and Microsoft Azure cloud-based solutions, and how to implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at database professionals who want to enhance their existing SQL Server skills with hybrid solutions and cloud solution architecture using the Microsoft Data Platform.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
• Position Microsoft Cloud Data Platform Solutions
• Design and implement solutions on Azure using SQL Server
• Design and implement solutions on Azure using SQL Database
• Design and implement security, access and auditing for cloud data platform solutions
• Design highly scalable mission critical solutions using the Microsoft Data Platform
• Design and implement cloud data platform solutions.
Students need to have good understanding of SQL Server and pre-existing MCSE Data Platform certification or equivalent professional experience.
Module 1: Microsoft Cloud Data Platform Overview
This module provides an overview of the Microsoft Data Platform Solutions in Hybrid and Cloud based scenarios. The module provides an overview of offerings and capabilities.
- Microsoft Cloud Data Platform
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Common Tools
- Cloud Data Offerings
- Data Visualizations
- Cortana Analytics Suite
Module 2: Implement SQL Server on Azure VM
This module with a hands-on-lab describes the core capabilities of running SQL Server in a virtual machine environment (IAAS) on Azure.
- Virtual machine components
- Storage Architecture
- Azure deployment models
- Virtual machine tiers
- Virtual machine deployments
- Deployment scenarios
- Move existing workloads
- Connecting to Azure VMs
- Domain joining VMs
- VM best practices
Lab : SQL Server in Azure VMs
Module 3: Implement SQL Database
This module with a hands-on-lab describes the core capabilities of implementing data platform solutions using SQL Database on Azure. The module provides details in service tiers and offerings.
- What is SQL Database
- Data tiers/ Elastic data tiers
- Scalability Options
- Elastic Databases
- Elastic Database Tools
- SQL Database performance
- Service Tier Advisor
Lab : Implementing SQL Database
Module 4: SQL Database High Availability and disaster recovery
This module with a hands-on lab describes high availability and disaster recovery scenarios with SQL Database.
- Business Continuity with SQL Database
- SQL Database HA/DR
- SQL Database Backup Solutions
- SQL Database Replication Scenarios
Lab : SQL Database HA/DR
Module 5: Hybrid HA/DR scenarios with SQL Server
This module with a hands-on lab exercise describes the design of high available, scalable data platform solutions on-premises, in the cloud and in hybrid cloud scenarios using SQL Server on premises and with Azure VMs.
- HA/DR deployment architectures
- AlwaysOn availability groups
- AlwaysOn Failover Clustering
- Database Mirroring
- Log Shipping
- Backup to Azure
- Managed Backups
- SQL Server data files on Azure
Lab : Implement HA/DR with SQL Server in Azure VMs
Module 6: Design and Implement Security
This module with a hands-on-lab describes the security features and capabilities in SQL Server in Azure VMs and SQL Database including firewalls andauditing.
- SQL Database Security Approach
- SQL Database Firewall Security
- SQL Database Active Directory Integration
- Row Level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
- Auditing and Threat Detection
Lab : Design and Implement SQL Database Security
Module 7: Monitor and manage implementations on Azure
This module with a hands-on-lab focuses on management and deployment, monitoring for performance of SQL Database and SQL Server in Azure VMs.
- Azure Automation Capabilities
- SQL Monitoring and Management
- Operational Insights
Lab : Monitoring and manage implementations
Module 8: Design and implement database solutions for SQL Server and SQL Database
This module covers design and architecture scenarios for implementation of database solutions using the Microsoft Cloud Data Platform. This module introduces key scenarios to discuss with classroom attendees in order to build out the right architecture and infrastructure based on architecture and business requirements.
- Case Study – SQL Server Hybrid Scenario
- Case Study – Lift and Shift
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.