Microsoft 20696 – Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune
In this course you will learn how to configure and manage clients and devices using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, Microsoft Itune as well as its associated site systems.
Other topics covered in this course include how to manage software, client health, hardware and software inventory, applications and integration with Microsoft Itune.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at anyone whose responsibilities include the deployment, management and maintenance of PCs, devices and applications for medium to large organizations that use System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and Microsoft Itune together.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Manage desktops and devices in the enterprise
- Prepare the infrastructure to support desktop and device management
- Deploy and manage Configuration Manager clients
- Manage inventory for PCs and applications
- Distribute and manage content used for deployments
- Deploy and manage applications
- Manage mobile devices by integrating Microsoft Intune with Configuration Manager
- Maintain software updates for managed PCs
- Implement Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- Manage compliance and secure data access
- Manage client status, power management, and remote administration
- Maintain Configuration Manager sites and site systems
Students need to have:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of management tasks using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Configuring Windows 8.1 (M20687)
- Supporting Windows 8.1 (M20688)
1. Managing Desktops and Devices in the Enterprise
- Systems Management Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
- Overview of Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Architecture
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Administrative Tools
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Configuration Manager Site
- Introduction to Queries and Reports
2. Preparing the Infrastructure to Support Desktop and Device Management
- Configuring Boundaries and Boundary Groups
- Configuring Resource Discovery
- Configuring the Exchange Server Connector for Mobile Device Management
- Configuring the Intune Connector for Mobile Device Management
- Configuring User and Device Collections
- Configuring Role-Based Administration
3. Deploying and Managing Clients
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Client
- Deploying the Configuration Manager Client
- Managing Client Settings in Configuration Manager
- Managing MDM Clients
4. Managing Inventory for PCs and Applications
- Overview of the Inventory Collection
- Configuring Hardware and Software Inventory
- Managing Inventory Collection
- Configuring Software Metering
- Configuring Asset Intelligence
5. Distributing and Managing Content Used for Deployments
- Preparing the Infrastructure for Content Management
- Distributing and Managing Content on Distribution Points
6. Deploying and Managing Applications
- Overview of Application Management
- Creating Applications
- Deploying Applications
- Managing Applications
- Deploying Virtual Applications by Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Deploying Windows 8.1 and Mobile Apps
7. Maintaining Software Updates for Managed PCs
- Overview of Software Updates
- Preparing a Configuration Manager Site for Software Updates
- Managing Software Updates
- Configuring Automatic Deployment Rules
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Software Updates
8. Implementing Endpoint Protection for Managed PCs
- Overview of Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager
- Configuring and Monitoring Endpoint Protection Policies
9. Managing Compliance and Secure Data Access
- Overview of Compliance Settings
- Configuring Compliance Settings
- Viewing Compliance Results
- Managing Compliance for Mobile Devices
- Managing Data Access by Using Profiles
10. Managing Client Status, Power Management, and Remote
- Configuring and Monitoring Client Status
- Configuring Power Management
- Configuring Remote Tools
11. Maintaining Configuration Manager Sites and Site Systems
- Overview of Configuration Manager Site Maintenance
- Performing Backup and Recovery of a Configuration Manager Site
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.