Microsoft 20533 – Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
In this course you will learn about the Microsoft Azure program as well as how to manage your infrastructure making use of Azure rather than on-premises.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at Windows Server administrators and anyone whose responsibilities include working with Microsoft Azure.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Describe Azure architecture components including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and to connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy and configure websites.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Publish content through CDNs and publish videos by using Media Services.
- Create and manage Azure AD directories, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using PowerShell runbooks.
Students need to have:
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks
- Understanding of network configuration including: TCP/IP, DNS, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies
- Understanding of websites including: create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Forests, Domain Controllers, replication, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Understanding of database concepts including: Tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery including: backup and restore operations
Module 1: Introduction to Azure
This module provides the students a high level introduction to Azure.
Module 2: Implement and Manage Virtual Networks
In this module students will learn how to Implement Virtual Networks, why they are important and how to manage them post-implementation.
Module 3: Implement Virtual Machines
In this module, students will see how Microsoft Azure VMs can host services for their users and customers and how to create, install, and configure VMs with different operating systems and software platforms.
Module 4: Managing Virtual Machines
In this module the student will learn how to properly configure Virtual Machines and Virtual Machine Disks as well as managing and monitoring the Virtual Machine environments ensuring security, availability and scalability.
Module 5: Implementing Websites
In this module students will learn how to plan for website deployment, covering different levels of website and differing deployment models. They will then learn how to deploy a website, how to configure the site, how to monitor the performance of the site, what Webjobs are and how to use them and finally what Traffic Manager is and how it is used.
Module 6: Planning and Implementing Storage
In this module students will look at types of storage, how to choose/plan storage, storage accounts, and affinity groups. They will move on to learn how implement BLOBs and azure files, recovery services and backup, diagnostics, monitoring, and analytics.
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Data Services
In this module students will look at the differences between SQL databases on-premises and Azure SQL databases. They will learn how to implement Azure SQL databases, how to migrate data to SQL Azure, how to monitor the databases once created in Azure and learn about business continuity using database copy and export, Self-service restore and Geo-replication.
Module 8: Implementing PaaS Cloud Services and Mobile Services
In this module students will look at cloud services and how they compare to VM and website execution models. They will also look at Web roles and worker roles. They will then move onto learn about deploying and configuring cloud services. They will also look a mobile services, at how to create, deploy and configure. Finally they will learn about monitoring and diagnostics
Module 9: Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Media Services
In this module students learn what a content delivery network is and how to implement one. They then move on to look at Azure Media Services, and how to utilize media in Azure.
Module 10: Implement Azure AD
In this module students will learn how to implement Azure Active directory, then to manage users within the directory. They will also look at adding customer domains, at multi-factor authentication and at application integration with Azure Active Directory. Finally they will learn about the features and benefits offered by Azure Active Directory Premium.
Module 11: Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid Environment
In this module, students look at three alternative approaches for integrating on-premises Active Directory with Microsoft Azure. These options are placing a domain controller into Azure, implementing directory synchronization with optional password synchronization or single sign-on using Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS). Finally, you will consider how to manage these types of hybrid environments.
Module 12: Implementing Automation
This module starts with an introduction to automation and the components. The student then moves on to look at PowerShell Workflows, particularly the move from PowerShell scripts to worklows and finally looks at managing automation through creating and publishing runbooks, creating and scheduling jobs and monitoring job execution.
Module 13: Microsoft Azure Solutions
Now that the student has a technical understanding of many Azure services, they can use their knowledge to solve business problems for customers. In this module, they will read about and discuss two detailed scenarios. The instructor will help you to propose an outline solution for each scenario, in which Azure services are used to solve project goals.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.
|Microsoft 20533 – Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions||23-10-2017||5 Days||Bucharest, Classroom||Marian PANDILICA||Register|