Microsoft 10802 – Microsoft Enterprise Search for IT Professionals
In this course you will learn how to administer enteprise search solutions using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
You will also discuss administrative aspects like search topologies, search sites, content crawling, federation, monitoring and search reporting.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at IT professionals responsible for administering search features of SharePoint Server 2010 and FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Design options for deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Configure content sources, crawl content along with troubleshooting and monitoring the crawl process
- Create and configure enterprise search sites
- Create and configure managed properties, keywords, and SharePoint Search scope
- Create new federated locations and configure the federated web parts
- Configure and monitor search reports and web analytics
- Design options for deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance for FAST Search Server
- Install FAST Search Server standalone and multiple search server systems
- Usage cases for additional connectors provided by FAST Search
- Configure and troubleshoot FAST Search Web Crawler
- Configure FAST Search enhanced managed properties, keywords, and FAST Search scopes, business based promotions, demotions, and Visual Best Bets
- Plan and configure backup and restore for FAST Search Server installation
- Monitor FAST Search Server and use command line utilities
Students need to have:
- Experience administering Active Directory by creating and managing user and group accounts, and delegation of administration and configuration of Group Policy
- Experience administering SQL Server 2005 or 2008 by creating logins, assigning roles, and using SQL Management Studio
- Experience using Windows PowerShell cmdlets and scripts
- Experience using SharePoint Server 2010 Central Administration and creating site collections
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.