In this course you will gain the knowledge for the International Software Testing Qualification at the Foundation Level.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at anyone involved in software testing, testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. This course is also appropriate for anyone who wants a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants. Holders of the Foundation Certificate will be able to go on to a higher level software testing qualification.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
- Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
- Testing Terminology
- Why Testing is necessary
- The Test Process
- The Psychology of Testing
Re-Testing & Regression Testing
- Expected Results
- Prioritisation of tests
Models for Testing
- Economics of Testing
- High Level Test Planning
- Integration Testing in the Large
Non-Functional System Testing
- Functional System Testing
- Integration Testing in the Small
- Maintenance Testing
- Black & White box testing
Black Box Test Techniques
White Box Test Techniques
Experience based technique
Reviews and the Test Process
- Types of Review
- Static Analysis
- Configuration Management
Test Estimation, Monitoring & Control
- Incident Management
There are no follow-ons for this course.
International Software Testing Qualification at the Foundation Level.