Fortinet NSE 6 – FortiMail
Learn how to use FortiMail to protect your network from existing email-borne threats, as well as use FortiSandbox to detect and block emerging threats.
You will analyze email security challenges that administrators of small businesses and carriers face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail.
Who needs to attend?
Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of FortiMail.
What you will learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Position FortiMail in an existing or new email infrastructure using any of the flexible deployment modes
- Understand the system architecture of FortiMail: how email flows through its modules; how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email; and how it can protect the priceless reputation of your message transfer agent (MTA)
- Use your existing LDAP server to manage and authenticate users
- Secure email transmission using best-in-class technologies such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, and Identity Based Encryption
- Throttle client connections to block MTA abuse
- Block spam using sophisticated techniques such as deep header inspection, spam outbreak, heuristics, and the FortiGuard Antispam service
- Eliminate spear phishing and zero-day viruses
- Integrate FortiMail with FortiSandbox for advanced threat protection
- Prevent accidental or intentional leaks of confidential and regulated data
- Archive email for compliance
- Deploy high availability (HA) and redundant infrastructure for maximum uptime of mission-critical email
- Diagnose common email and FortiMail-related issues
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and network security concepts
- Experience with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Public Key Infrastructure, Secure Sockets Layer, Transport Layer Security, Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol is recommended
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.