Fortinet NSE 4 – FortiGate I
Learn how to use basic FortiGate features.
In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, basic VPNs, antivirus, web filtering, application control, user authentication, and more. These administrative fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to integrate basic network security.
Who needs to attend?
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiGate appliance.
What you will learn
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiGate UTM
- Neutralize threats and misuse: viruses, torrents, and inappropriate web sites
- Control network access based on device type
- Authenticate users via firewall policies
- Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
- Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances
- Compare policy-based to tunnel-based IPsec VPN
- Interpret log entries
- Generate reports
- Use the GUI and CLI for administration
- Deploy the right operation mode
- Deploy an explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching
- Evolve beyond port numbers with application control
TCP/IP network experience and a basic understanding of firewall concepts.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.