CyberSec First Responder: Threat Detection and Response
This course is designed for information assurance professionals who perform job functions related to the development, operation, management, and enforcement of security capabilities for systems and networks.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at Cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting and defending information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
- Create an information assurance lifecycle process.
- Analyze threats to computing and networks.
- Design and operate secure environments.
- Assess security posture within a risk management framework.
- Collect cyber security intelligence.
- Respond and investigate cyber security incidents.
- Audit secure environments.
- Students need to have:
- Network environments
- Routing and switching
- Common assurance safeguards (firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, VPN, etc.)
- Basic authentication and authorization
- Resource permissions and anti-malware mechanisms
1. Assessing Information Security Risk
- Identify the Importance of Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
2. Creating an Information Assurance Lifecycle Process
- Evaluate Information Assurance Lifecycle Models
- Align Information Security Operations to the Information Assurance Lifecycle
- Align Information Assurance and Compliance Regulations
3. Analyzing Threats to Computing and Network Environments
- Identify Threat Analysis Models
- Assess the Impact of Reconnaissance Incidents
- Assess the Impact of Systems Hacking Attacks
- Assess the Impact of Malware
- Assess the Impact of Hijacking and Impersonation Attacks
- Assess the Impact of DoS Incidents
- Assess the Impact of Threats to Mobile Security
- Assess the Impact of Threats to Cloud Security
4. Designing Secure Computing and Network Environments
- Information Security Architecture Design Principles
- Design Access Control Mechanisms
- Design Cryptographic Security Controls
- Design Application Security
- Design Computing Systems Security
- Design Network Security
5. Operating Secure Computing and Network Environments
- Implement Change Management in Security Operations
- Implement Monitoring in Security Operations
6. Assessing the Security Posture Within a Risk Management Framework
- Deploy a Vulnerability Management Platform
- Conduct Vulnerability Assessments
- Conduct Penetration Tests on Network Assets
- Follow Up on Penetration Testing
7. Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence Information
- Deploy a Security Intelligence Collection and Analysis Platform
- Collect Data from Security Intelligence Sources
8. Analyzing Cybersecurity Intelligence Information
- Analyze Security Intelligence to Address Incidents
- Use SIEM Tools for Analysis
9. Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Deploy an Incident Handling and Response Architecture
- Perform Real-Time Incident Handling Tasks
- Prepare for Forensic Investigation
10. Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Create a Forensic Investigation Plan
- Securely Collect Electronic Evidence
- Identify the Who, Why, and How of an Incident
- Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
11. Auditing Secure Computing and Network Environments
- Deploy a Systems and Processes Auditing Architecture
- Prepare for Audits
- Perform Audits Geared Toward the Information Assurance Lifecycle
Lab 1: Implementing a Threat Assessment Model
Lab 2: Examining Reconnaissance Incidents
Lab 3: Assessing the Impact of System Hijacking Attempts
Lab 4: Assessing the Impact of Malware
Lab 5: Assessing the Impact of Hijacking and Impersonation attacks
Lab 6: Assessing the Impact of DoS Incidents
Lab 7: Assessing the Impact of Threats to Mobile Devices
Lab 8: Designing Cryptographic Security Controls
Lab 9: Designing Application Security
Lab 10: Implementing Monitoring in Security Operations
Lab 11: Deploying a Vulnerability Management Platform
Lab 12: Conducting Vulnerability Assessments
Lab 13: Conducting Penetration Testing on Network Assets
Lab 14: Collecting and Analyzing Security Intelligence
Lab 15: Collecting Security Intelligence Data
Lab 16: Capturing and Analyzing Baseline Data
Lab 17: Analyzing Security Intelligence
Lab 18: Incorporating SIEMS into Security Intelligence Analysis
Lab 19: Developing an Incidence Response System
Lab 20: Securely Collecting Electronic Evidence
Lab 21: Analyzing Forensic Evidence
Lab 22: Preparing for an Audit
Lab 23: Performing Audits
There are no follow-ons for this course.
CyberSec First Responder: Threat Detection and Response (Exam CFR-101) certification