Citrix Implementing NetScaler 10.5 for App and Desktop Solutions
In this course you will gain the skills and knowledge to successfully implement, configure, secure and monitor a Citrix NetScaler system with NetScaler Gateway in a desktop virtualization environment.
Other topics covered in this course include an optional module on NetScaler SDX appliances with reinforcement simulation exercises.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who is new to the NetScaler platform and interested in integrating NetScaler Gateway with Citrix XenDesktop or Citrix XenApp.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler
- NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Capabilities and functionality of NetScaler Gateway
- How SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Configure authentication for users on the NetScaler Gateway
- Implement authorization to determine to which resources users have access
- Configure the NetScaler for high availability
- Integrate NetScaler Gateway with Storefront or Web Interface to provide remote access for Web, SaaS, and mobile apps
- Implement load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Configure endpoint analysis to determine the level of access for specific devices
- Enable access to applications and data for user connections
- Monitoring and reporting through native NetScaler logging tools
- Configure NetScaler Insight Center to monitor a desktop virtualization environment
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Capabilities and functionality of the NetScaler SDX platform.
- Networking characteristics of the NetScaler SDX platform.
- The process of provisioning and administration of NetScaler VPX instances on a NetScaler SDX appliance
Students need to have:
- Familiarity with application delivery and cloud networking
- Experience with Citrix desktop virtualization technologies, such as XenDesktop and XenApp
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or enterprise database servers
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Basic understanding of Windows Server networking concepts, such as DNS, IIS®, and load balancing
- Exposure to basic system administration concepts, including logging, software upgrade procedures, and high availability operations
- Familiarity with server monitoring tools
- Basic understanding of VPN concepts, including SSL encryption and certificates
1. Getting Started
2. Basic Networking
3. High Availability
4. Basic Load Balancing
5. Securing NetScaler
6. AppExpert Classic Policy Engine
7. Authentication and Authorization
8. Access Policies
9. End-User Access and Experience
10. Integrating NetScaler Gateway with XenApp and XenDesktop
11. AppExpert Default Policy Engine
12. Global Server Load Balancing
13. Monitoring and Management
15. NetScaler SDX Addendum
There are no follow-ons for this course.
Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N)