Citrix CXD-330 – XenApp and XenDesktop Advanced Optimization and Troubleshooting
In this course you will learn how to enhance the functionality of a new or existing environment and remediate complex issues.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at Administrators, Implementers / Engineers and Architects.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Configure advanced customizations to StoreFront by modifying configuration files
- Configure a seamless experience for new users with Citrix Receiver
- Optimize the logon experience through Citrix Profile Manager and HDX settings
- Identify and configure the proper HDX graphics delivery method based on the user and device
- Configure HDX policies to ensure an interactive experience under limited bandwidth or CPU
- Optimize the experience for delivering applications over a double hop HDX connection
- Use troubleshooting tools to identify root cause of issues
- Use CDF tracing and logging to identify root cause of issues
- Use the XenApp and XenDesktop PowerShell SDK to troubleshoot and remediate issues
- Troubleshoot XenApp and XenDesktop services
- Troubleshoot database connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot Citrix StoreFront
- Troubleshoot user connection issues
- Troubleshoot the Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) registration process
Students need to have:
- CXD-203 Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6
- CXD-300 Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6
- CMB-300 Deploy and Manage Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.6 Fast Track
Designed for students with previous XenApp and XenDesktop experience, this course is best suited for students looking to learn how to enhance the functionality of a new or existing environment and remediate complex issues.
Part 1: XenApp and XenDesktop Advanced Concepts – Optimizing the End User Experience
Learn the skills necessary to optimize the end user experience for both managed and unmanaged devices through policies, and customizations. Students will deliver a seamless Receiver, customize StoreFront, improve logon speeds, and configure settings to deliver graphics and media over limited resources in a virtual lab environment.
Part 2: XenApp and XenDesktop Advanced Concepts – Troubleshooting
Learn about the tools used and issues encountered by Citrix support using real world support ticket scenarios. Students will have access to a virtual lab environment to troubleshoot some of the top support issues and learn how to effectively identify the root cause and implement appropriate solutions. The course covers XenApp and XenDesktop services, databases, StoreFront, and Virtual Delivery Agent registration and connection.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.