Citrix CXA-207 – Citrix XenApp 7.5 Skills Update
In this course you will learn how to work with a XenApps 7.5 environment that incorporate the following Citrix elements: Director, MCS, Delivery Controller, NetScaler, Receiver and Studio.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at system engineers, Citrix partners with prior Citrix XenApp experience, architects, IT professionals and server administrators.
What will you learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Basic requirements for a XenApp 7.5 implementation
- The architecture and where the XenApp components fit in an implementation
- How HDX policies, profile management, printing, and delegated administration are configured
- How Provisioning Services, StoreFront, and Director work
- How applications are made available
- New features in the release
- Set up SQL mirroring for high availability
- Install the Delivery Controller and set up a site
- Join a second Delivery Controller to a site for high availability
- Install and configure StoreFront for secure communications
- Configure NetScaler to load balance the connections to StoreFront
- Configure NetScaler to provide remote access
- Install the Virtual Delivery Agent on a virtual machine
- Create a Server OS machine catalog to provide hosted shared desktops and hosted applications to users
- Configure and optimize Provisioning Services
- Create Windows templates for use with Provisioning Services
- Create new vDisks and import existing vDisks into Provisioning Services
- Create a machine catalog using the XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Create Delivery Groups and publish applications
- Deliver App-V applications
- Configure Receiver using email-based discovery
- Verify internal and external access to resources
- Configure load-evaluator policies for server-based VDAs
- Monitor an environment with Director
- Configure the logging of configuration changes
- Configure delegated administration
- Use PowerShell cmdlets
Students need to have:
- Knowledge of how previous versions of XenApp work
- Understanding of the third-party products involved in an implementation, such as Active Directory and databases
- Awareness of the impact of design decisions on a production environment
- Experience implementing small scale environments of 100 servers or less for previous XenApp
- Experience performing day-to-day tasks required for ensuring maximum performance of application delivery on previous XenApp products
- Experience managing user accounts, apps, and services to given specifications
There are no outlines for this course.
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications for this course.