Cisco UCS Implementation and Design Lab Camp v5.0
In this course you will learn to design, configure and administer a Cisco Unified Computing System environment.
As to be expected of a Unified Computing System environment you will discuss topics like Nexus 5000 core, fabric interconnects, B-Series and C-Series servers, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, Cisco Nexus 1000v and Cisco’s pass-through switching.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at system engineers and technicians responsible for implementing Cisco UCS B-Seres Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers as well as data center administrators, maangers, designers and engineers.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Evaluate the data center solution design, architecture, and components.
- Assess the requirements and performance of the data-center solution
- Cisco UCS hardware components and how to select the proper hardware
- Evaluate and design Cisco UCS solutions for LAN, SAN, and Virtual Access layer connectivity
- Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series system architectures, hardware components, and field-installable options
- Cisco UCS server deployments
- Configure Cisco UCS B-Series blade servers with Cisco UCS Manager v2.2(1d) Configure Cisco UCS C-Series blade servers with Cisco IMC Implement service profiles and blade configuration for Microsoft Hyper-V (2008 and 2012) and VMware ESXi (v4.1, v5.0, v5.1 and v5.5)
- Management challenges in Cisco UCS data center server environments
- Cisco UCS components
- Configure Cisco UCS B-Series blade servers with Cisco UCS Manager
- Configure Cisco UCS C-Series blade servers with Cisco IMC (CIMC)
- Cisco UCS platform connectivity requirements
- Configure server profiles to allocate physical resources
- Configure maintenance tasks such as Syslog, LDAP, RBAC, and SNMP
- Configure high availability at the LAN, SAN, and server NIC level
- Troubleshoot common LAN and SAN connectivity and service-profile issues
- Configure Cisco Nexus 1000v v1.5.x or 2.2.x in VMware vSphere v4.1, v5.0, 5.1, or v5.5 environments
- Configure Cisco UCS Manager and VMware vSphere integration
- Configure, compare, and contrast Cisco’s VM-FEX and VM-FEX with pass-through switching
Students need to have:
- CCNA and DCUFI knowledge and experience
- CCNA DC equivalent knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with server operating systems, hypervisor, and virtualization
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking, SANs, Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP), and hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
It is recommended but not compulsory:
Cisco Data Center Solution Architecture and Components
Assess Data Center Computing Requirements
Size Cisco Unified Computing Solutions
Design Cisco Unified Computing Solutions
Design Cisco Unified Computing Solutions Server Deployment
Cisco Unified Computing Solution Applications
Installation of the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers
Cisco IMC Configuration
Cisco UCS B-Series Hardware and Management
Cisco UCS Connectivity Configuration and Management
Server Resources Implementation
Virtual Server Networking
Cisco UCS Management and Maintenance
There are no certification programs associated with this course.