Cisco SECURE – Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches
This course is obsolete.
Discover advanced concepts and take your IOS v15 router and switch security skills to the professional level.
Part of Cisco’s recent announcement for the CCNP Security certification program includes this new course, SECURE which replaces SNRS.
In this class, you will learn the industry best practices for securing your Cisco routers and switches. You will learn to secure switches, including advanced Layer 2 security and Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS) based on IEEE 802.1x. You will cover network platform security, VPN, Firewall, and IPS, and you will learn to secure a router’s control, plane, and management planes.
Who needs to attend?
- Internetwork professionals who want to ensure security of their network using IOS devices.
- Anyone seeking to learn the latest features in IOS 15.0 code to evaluate for their production environments
- Internetwork professionals who seek CCNP Security certification
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Present an overview of the Cisco Security Manager product, describe the main product features, and introduce the basic deployment tasks
- Manage configuration of Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco FWSM firewall devices, and explain firewall event management and device configuration correlation
- Describe the most commonly used VPN topologies and their deployment
- Examine the configuration of intrusion prevention mechanisms on the Cisco IOS platform, modules, and standalone appliances, as well as explain the Cisco IPS event and configuration correlation
- Explain how Cisco Security Manager works with Cisco IOS devices, including the new Cisco ISR G2 routers
- Describe the FlexConfig functionality of Cisco Security Manager, the workflow mode of operation, and administrative tasks and integration with Cisco Secure ACS
Cisco Security Manager Overview
- Using CSM
- Managing Devices
- Managing Policies
- Managing Objects
- Using Map View
Firewall Policy Management
- Managing Firewall Services
- Managing Firewall Devices
- Event Monitoring and Rule Correlation for Firewalls
VPN Policy Configuration
- Managing VPNs
- Managing Remote Access IPsec VPNs
- Configuring Client-Based SSL VPNs
- Configuring Advanced VPN Configurations
- Deploying Advanced VPN Technologies
- GET VPN Overview
Cisco IPS Solutions Management
- Managing Cisco IPS Services
- Managing Cisco IPS Devices
- Managing Cisco IPS Events
Cisco IOS Device Provisioning
- Managing Routers
- Using the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switch and Cisco 7600 Series Router Device Manager
Management, Deployment, and Administration of FlexConfigs in CSM
- Managing FlexConfigs
- Managing Activities and Workflow Deployments
- Implementing Integration Between CSM and Cisco Secure ACS
- Backing Up and Restoring CSM Databases
- Using Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and Diagnostic Tools