Cisco DCMI – Digital Content Manager Intermediate
In this course you will develop the knowledge and skills to configure alternate services, slate services and forward error correction, as well as tune the 8-VSB card and service tuning the DVB-S2 card.
Other topics covered in this course include rate control with the MFP card, transcoding with the transcoder and MFP card, BISS scrambling, analyzing and triggering Cisco DCM alarms.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at system engineers and technical support personnel.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Configuring the chassis and main cards: asynchronous serial interface (ASI), Gigabit Ethernet, and Co-processor cards
- Rate control and transcoding with a transcoder and MFP card
- Configuring Alternate Services
- Tuning the 8-VSB Card
- Service Tuning with the Digital Video Broadcast-S2 Card
- Configuring Forward Error Correction
- Scrambling and descrambling (includes simulcrypt scrambling)
- Slate (Still Picture) Services
- Inserting logos, banners, and Emergency Alert System (EAS) messages
- Triggering and analyzing alarms for common Cisco DCM service issues
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1. Advanced Configuration
2. Managing RF Signal Input Cards
3. Managing Forward Error Correction
4. Managing Scrambling and Descrambling
5. Managing Rate Control and Transcoding
6. Additional Insertion Features and Slate Services
7. Investigating Service Issues with Cisco DCM
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.