Cisco CUWN – Cisco Unified Wireless Networking 7.2
This course is a product training class which offers hands-on experience with the latest version hardware and software products. Topics include: – Cisco Compatible Extensions v6 – scalability enhancements for the 5508, WiSM-2, and Flex 7500 – service provider enhancements – FlexConnect AAA Override – RF Profiles – alloy QoS – Mobile Concierge 802.11u and MSAP and Stadium Vision – KTS CAC – Wi-Fi Direct – TrustSec – FlexConnect Access Control Lists – FlexConnect Efficient Upgrade.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at Anyone involved in the deployment of a wireless LAN solution.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Identify how the Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution meets the challenges of successful WLAN deployments
- Select and properly install the Cisco Unified Wireless Network hardware appropriate to site and use requirements
- Administer the WLAN, 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network
- Configure and implement the key Cisco Unified Wireless Network security features to mitigate WLAN security threats
- Utilize a recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats
Students need to have:
- Basic networking, including CCNA, CCNA-Wireless or equivalent work experience (recommended).
- Prior attendance of IUWNE or equivalent experience (recommended).
- RF / Wireless field experience (helpful).
- Familiarity with Windows and Windows Networking.
Cisco WLAN Solutions
- Characterizing Cisco Enterprise WLANs
- Identifying Hardware Models
- Describing WLC Terms and Protocols
Cisco Unified Wireless Network Installation and Configuration
- Installing Hardware Components
- Configuring the Cisco WLC Setup
- Configuring Cisco WLC Settings
- Configuring LAG
- Configuring IPv6
- Describing AP Operational Modes
- Configuring 802.11 Protocols, Performance Optimization, and Auto RF
- Implementing Cisco CleanAir
Cisco Unified Wireless Network Administration
- Associating an AP to a WLC
- Configuring Mobility Groups and Roaming
- Administering Individual WLANs and AP Groups
- Configuring QoS
- Performing General Administration
- Service Provider Enhancements
Cisco Unified Wireless Network Security
- Describing 802.11 Weak Security Policy
- Configuring Security Parameters
- Configuring a Cisco Unified Wireless Network to Support 802.1X Authentication
Cisco Unified Wireless Network Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Wireless Network
- Gathering VLAN Traffic and Other Data
- Configuring Policies and Management
- Loading Device Code and Managing Configuration Data
- Lab 2-1: CLI Setup and Web Setup
- Lab 2-2: Controller Web Interface
- Lab 3-1: AP Association Options, Configurations, and Cisco CleanAir
- Lab 3-2: Interface Group Configuration
- Lab 3-3: VideoStream
- Lab 4-1: Web Authentication
- Lab 4-2: WPA or WPA2 PEAP-MS-CHAPv2 Authentication
- Lab 4-3: WPA or WPA2 EAP-FAST Local EAP Authentication
- Lab 5-1: Pre-Image Download
- CUWSS – Conducting Cisco Unified Wireless Site Survey
- IAUWS – Implementing Advanced Cisco Unified Wireless Security
- IUWVN – Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Voice Networks
- IUWMS – Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Mobility Services
There are no certifications associated with this course.