Cisco CMSS – Cisco Mainframe Storage Solutions
In this course you will learn how to use the Cisco MDS 9000 Multilayer Switch family in order to implement FICON sotrage networks.
Topics covered in this course include mainframe storage and channel terminology, FICON protocols, how to configure an MDS 9000 Switch for FICON with emphasys on CUP configuration, cascadd directors and Fibre Channel-over-IP (FCIP) support.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at system engineer, network engineers and field engineers responsible for deploying, configuirng and managing MDS 9000 family switches.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- ESCON and FICON channel terminology and topologies
- Basic FICON specifications and configurations
- Typical applications for FICON
- Characteristics of FICON frames and flow control
- Configure a FICON VSAN and FICON ports
- Verify the correct configuration of a FICON environment
- Configure cascaded directors, Port Channels, and FCIP for FICON
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1. Mainframe Concepts
IBM Mainframe Architecture Overview
FICON Frames and Flow Control
2. System Installation and Initial Configuration
FICON Fabric Configuration
FICON Port Configuration
Configuring Cascade Environments
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.