Amazon Web Services – Big Data Technology Fundamentals
In this 1 day course you will learn the fundamentals of the Big Data technology and solution. You will learn how to develop big data solutions using Hadoop ecosystem, including MapReduce, HDFS and the Pig and Hive programming framework.
Who needs to attend?
This course is aimed at individuals that are new to the big data concept.
What you will learn
Upon completion you will know how to:
- Identify common tools and technologies that can be used to create big data solutions
- Understand the MapReduce programming framework, including the map, shuffle and sort, and reduce components
- Distinguish options available for creating a big data solution using the Hive programming framework
Working knowledge of basic programming in a language such as Java or C#
Module 1 – Introduction to Big Data
- The Business Importance of Big Data
- The Hadoop Ecosystem
- Characteristics of Big Data
- Processing Big Data
- Tools and Techniques for Analyzing Big Data
- Implementing Big Data Solutions
- Case Study – Social Media Analytics
Module 2 – Introduction to MapReduce and Hadoop
- Hadoop Architecture
- MapReduce Framework
- MapReduce Programming
- MapReduce and HDFS/S3
- Use Case – Recommendation Engine
Module 3 – Data Analysis Using Pig Programming
- Introduction to Pig
- Pig Data Types
- Representing Data in Pig
- Running Pig
- User-Defined Functions
- Pig vs Traditional RDBMSs
- Advanced Techniques in Pig
Module 4 – Big Data Querying with Hive
- Introduction to Hive
- Representing Data in Hive
- Hive Data Types
- Probing Data with Hive Queries
- Hive and AWS
- Use Case – Ad Hoc Analysis and Product Feedback
There are no follow-ons for this course.
There are no certifications associated with this course.